Three quick things, in no particular order.
First, hope everyone had a happy St. Patty’s Day. Mine was especially enjoyable, as I received a formal job offer to start work on Monday. Good times. I will be putting my undergrad degree to good use in the personal/private banking sector doing personal finance and wealth management. Actually, I’ll probably start out as copy boy and work my way up from there. I’ll have to write more about the details and how this is a good fit for yours truly (and the Philosophress), but I promised quick things, so we move onward and upward.
We went out to celebrate with the parental units (the new job, not St. Patrick’s Day!) last night. Even at 9pm, there was a bit of a wait, but when they showed us to our table, it was none other than…the corner booth! Yes, the wrap-around, power-lunch, we-might-be-mobsters corner booth. Although I was equipped with the wave-alicious hair, I forgot my dark sunglasses, gold chains, and fedora. Maybe next time.
This last piece comes a few years too late. My mom was recounting how her dad used to tell her not to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day (he’s an atheist), saying “Green is a Catholic color…you should wear orange instead and support the Protestants!” Now, I know this is waaaay after the fact, but I feel like I should apologize for anyone who thought that the orange ISI shirts were subversively pushing Protestantism—that was NOT the case. Now, I’m fairly certain the ISI shirts didn’t sell because they were “construction crew by the side of the freeway” orange, but on the small chance that anyone put those pieces together, it was totally unintentional.
3/18/06
Quick Hits
Musings from
Irish Elvis
Topics:
Employment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment