Irish Elvis, like the promise of the sun after spring rain, bounds wholeheartedly into the World Wide Web with all the enthusiasm of a young puppy. Yes, I count no less than three mixed metaphors in that first sentence…or is “jumbled metaphors” more correct since there are more than two…. No matter! As the Philosophress so eloquently opined below, the intent of this blog is two-fold: First, as a daily (semi-weekly?) outlet for my newly-rediscovered loquaciousness, and secondly, to remind words like “Elysia ” and “loquacious” that they are not merely obscure words in the dictionary and that they are allowed to be used in this, the Twenty-First Century.
This brings me to my third of my two points: I am making every effort to stop feeling overwhelmed with life and its crazy circumstances. I have attempted to withdraw from these job switches and depressing turns of events by not maintaining old friendships, and in all honesty, this hasn’t reduced the confusion. So instead of being a mopey loner, I’m going to try and recapture the mystique that once made women swoon and grown men cry. Some good, old-fashioned humor, mixed in with some vulnerability and some silly vignettes about everyday life as it currently exists. So all three of you out there who are reading (counting myself and the Philosophress), enjoy heartily!
Ah yes, The Philosophress…I almost forgot. Wait, no I didn’t…I would never forget about you. Over the past couple weeks, she has glimpsed the Inner Author reemerging from yours truly and, inspired by other recently-created blogs (see the Links section found in the seat pocket in front of you) created this site as an e-kickinthebutt to get me started. So I’ll pick up the torch from here and keep writing….and jumbling metaphors.
3/11/06
Formal Introductions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment