8/17/07

"Heading out into the Wide World....

...to seek my Fortune."

That's how those children's stories go, right? Well here's hoping lots of childlike optimism does me some good. After finishing a hard day's work (and possibly some volleyball at the gym), I come home, finish packing, sleep fast, and am on a plane tomorrow at oh-dark-hundred to Durham for a Monday morning interview.

For those who were emailed Ellison the Younger's mock press release upon his decision to attend ND Law School earlier this summer, I've shamelessly stolen a page from his book and crafted my mandatory 10-minute presentation into a mock press conference announcing myself (in the third person, of course) as a viable candidate for the MBA Admissions Department, allowing me to comment on all the advantages of the Duke MBA as well as all the superior qualifications I bring to the table. I hope these people have had their morning coffee, because it'll be much nicer if they can grasp the self-parody.


I'm thinking that a four-hour interview, speaking with the Dean and (what seems like) the majority of the office means that I'm one of no more than four finalists. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be asking for the job about 1p Monday. Because seriously, who would *not* want to hire someone with good looks such as mine?

No comments: