8/24/07

A Few Mornings After

Well, with more time to think and process on the job front, I think it's time to move on and find other options, because I don't think that one was a good match. The Philosophress and I had a discussion last night, and I need to ensure that I'm not taking the "sour grapes" approach, both now and in the future.

I guess it's not entirely bad that I felt that I represented myself well; they apparently saw enough to be indifferent to the skills and talents I presented. I told my boss yesterday that I have a newfound appreciation coming back to work this week, and which I think helped demonstrate that I'm not just running after the first thing that comes along. He then recommended looking at transferring to a Raleigh/Durham office within the company. Even though it would be a different department and lots of new learning, on the surface this is a no-brainer route to explore. The Philosophress and I hadn't even thought to consider such a move since I was initially conducting my job search "off the radar." But my boss has made it pretty clear that he's willing to be a reference and a resource for me, which is really nice.

Um, so I haven't had any experience with transferring within departments of a multi-national organization. Anyone out there have any suggestions? I'll keep you posted...at least there's sure to be some interesting blog entries for the foreseeable future...

No comments: