6/11/07

Viva Lost Wages!

Back from a weekend in Vegas, where we lost $40 of my coworkers' money and $20 of our own. But seriously, it was a fantastic time. A two hour timeshare presentation = free weekend lodging at the "Deluxe Hampton Inn Tropicana" as I like to call it. And it really was deluxe -- the pool there was more private than the Luxor pool, with all the tourists gawking at the sunbathers as they walk from the parking garage to the casino.

Honestly, with our luck, I think this was the most enjoyable vacation The Philosophress and I have had in a long time, between sundry traveling trevails and various states of life stressors. Not that life is smooth; we spent some time gameplanning on how we progress if I can't find a job right away on the East Coast.

One amazing highlight of the trip; I am now the proud owner of a pair of PF Flyer tennis shoes, answering the question, "what could be more old school than Converse?"

I'd been wanting to find some casual shoes, but since the ol' Chuck Taylors jumped the shark when Nike bought Converse, I had been reluctant to give The Man my dollar bills as they mass marketed the symbol of my youth. As (one of) you may recall, I did in fact mention PF Flyers in a link last year sometime on here, but I didn't know if I wanted to find some crazy outlet mall or pay $45-50. Thankfully, Las Vegas had the answer, both on the outlet mall front, and on the misplaced-$29.99-sale-tag front. With some sweet talking, that was the weekend's biggest winnings.

No comments: