I came across a list of goals and challenges I had written for myself, and I must admit I'm quite pleased with how far I've progressed. I wrote this list back in late January on how to jumpstart my personal enrichment (with current updates in parentheses).
Social
- increase involvement in the local ND Alumni Club (elected to Board of Directors, increased social interaction)
- play volleyball (I usually play on Friday nights, except when it's been a crazy week or there's a direct conflict)
- play guitar (I'm learning music is pretty essential for me, both listening and playing, and it's a good way to recharge myself in ways that watching TV doesn't)
Spiritual
- transition away from small group at church (This group has since disbanded, and I've been able to sporadically attend a men's small group. It's nice, since regular attendance isn't required, and people are ok with searching and questioning folks who don't have everything perfectly figured out, which is nice.)
- find a mentor (haven't really done this yet, but have had several conversations with good ND friends recently, with more to come this week I'm sure)
Intellectual/Cultural
- museum showcases (yesterday went to the Getty Museum in LA, and it was fantastic. Good artwork, good sculpture, good photography...to go along with the general silliness)
- evening lectures
- business presentations
- musical performances
- literary events
- drama/play productions
Well, as you can see, there's still some things to work on...but hopefully North Carolina is a happening place.
Also not on this list: eating 3 meals/day (which I'm doing now, up from one while working at the job-from-you-know-where...also less intestinal grumbling, which means my body's actually absorbing nutrients these days), sleeping regularly & adequately, and lifting weights (I'm getting huge with my trips to the gym every 10 days or so).
Not a comprehensive list, but enough that merits at least one gold star.
4/15/07
Progress Report
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
having seen your growth in person over the past few months, i'd say it deserves more than just one gold star!! :)
Post a Comment