5/28/06

Reflections from the Weekend

This won't be the only post on our recent visit to the Midwest, but one word of wisdom I heard before I left: "Family is not just those who raised you or are related to you, but those with whom you choose to walk through life."

As I have evidenced this past week, this expresses profound truth. We have talked about ND reunions, Cheap Smokes vacations, and more weddings and get-togethers over the next several months. The Philosophress has (again) expertly bonded with my flesh-and-blood family and brought out new interests and emotions from people I thought I knew ;)

Of course, then there's the time where T-Rugg and I decided to take Knightly out for a walk in a nearby subdivision. We wondered aloud how many people saw us walking a dog and assumed we were a family of an "unconventional" sort....

More vignettes (and pictures) to follow.

No comments: