So I had the distinct pleasure of heading to the doctor's office yesterday--to get tested to see if I have a wheat allergy. They had to give me a sedative (the male nurse introduced himself by saying, "I'll be responsible for sending you into oblivion today. You get to take an afternoon nap and there are drugs involved...what could be better?")
So much so that I do not remember my post-procedure consultation with the doctor.
That's right, folks. This is how we English majors roll. You know all those cramming for tests, only to forget everything afterwards? Or those presentations where halfway through the notes go out the window and the BSing begins? I've still got it.
The only thing I recall is making efforts to pick out words in questions being asked me, then forming a cogent response and thinking, "Oh good, maybe they'll stop asking me stuff and I relax....mmmm...." and promptly forgetting whatever was asked (and whatever I answered).
The good news is that the test looks negative for wheat allergy. Of course, that's just third-hand information. So I'll be placing a follow-up phone call to the doctor today to get the story straight.
Good times.
12/20/06
"Morning Face" Makes a Repeat Appearance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Celebrate: I'll send you a case of spaghetti noodles straightaway.
WooHoo -- Pizza and beer for Garrett!
Post a Comment