12/17/06

It Is What It Is

Lots of ch-ch-ch-changes over here, and hopefully they're some good ones.

First off, for all you inquiring minds, things have been progressing better at work. That has meant more hours, but at least there are tangible results, and the performance has been there. In fact, a couple weeks ago my boss (in front of all of our co-workers) announced that he was hiring someone new "who will be replacing" me. I think the others were more shocked/alarmed about it than I was, since I knew that I had turned the corner, so to speak, and had begun producing at a more consistent level. Being who he was, he realized later that had cause to give me quite a fright and reassured me he was joking and that he noticed positive changes. I thanked him and added that 4 weeks prior I would have been very frightened.

In other news, The Philosophress spanked the GMAT, so grad school elsewhere appears imminent. Stay tuned...potential relocations include Los Angeles, California's Bay Area, Chicago, North Carolina, and Boston.

As far as life in general is concerned, well life hasn't been too pleasant for quite some time. For quite a while, I've been holding out hope that post-college life would be fabulous, fantastic, and perfect. Well, life hasn't cooperated, going back to a certain hurricane (that's as good a starting point as any). But rather than throwing in the towel, I'm just trying to trying to make tomorrow a better day. That of course means that life is still pretty different than just about everyone else I know, but I'm trying to get rid of the bitterness that knowledge has always brought about in the past.

Hopefully I can slog my way through past hurricanes, job experiences, and cross-country relocations while maintaining enough connections with old friends to see them through to the other side. And I'm hoping that the fact that I'm 2+ years away from the last "healthy" time in life just means that I'm coming up on something better down the line.

No comments: