There once was a time, before marriage, when friends and well-wishers would come up and chat about life after college. "Will the two of you be getting cable and a nice TV?" they'd ask.
"Oh-ho-no," I'd respond. "Sportscenter would mean that I wouldn't go to work, wouldn't do anything around the house, wouldn't leave the couch. Have you seen what happens when I pass through the dorm lobby or LaFun and Sportscenter is on?"
Yesterday, The Philosophress signed us up for dish satellite TV. Oh goodness gracious. We are no longer working off of the rabbit ear (I broke one several months ago) that sits on top of the telly, and we don't have to worry about carrying the TV up and down the stairs to find where the local broadcast waves best make their way into the canyon where we live. Nope, we're all about kicking back and relaxing with a crystal-clear picture.
Like this morning, The Philsophress tricked me into waking up on time by giving me the remote and telling me that Sportscenter was on. Then I paused live TV and went downstairs, grabbed a cup of coffee and some cereal, and came back upstairs. All while fast-forwarding through commercials.
As you can see, I'm speechless.
9/17/06
Oh No, You Didn't
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment