12/6/07

Background Check

So I'm looking to rent out a couple rooms in my house, and I thought I'd start with people I know. One of my friends who grew up in church with me came over last night to check out the living quarters and gauge his interest. One of his friends who lives across the street from his parents, is also looking for a place to stay. My basic philosophy is that I'd rather have a known commodity and existing relationship than any old Joe off the street. The following is a transcript of a portion of last night's conversation.

Me: So do I know your friend?

Him: I don't know. He lives across the street. Your younger sister has met him, for sure.

Me: Well tell him he should come over to see if he'd like to rent a room. Where would I have met him? Has he ever worn the pink shorts?

Him: I still have mental scars from seeing him in the pink shorts.

Me: Tell him the room is his if he wants it.

No comments: