9/27/07

Interview Review

So I had a phone interview Tuesday with the Duke Law School. Not to worry, I don't have the bar in my future plans; it was merely about a position in the Student Affairs department. Now the real question is whether it offers enough opportunity/experience with writing and communications to be worth my while. I'm not exactly sure yet, but hopefully I'll be able to ask enough difficult questions to discern the answer. Of course, there's always the possibility of (another free) flight to Durham to discern the details.

It's a bit of a quandary, since I definitely want to get back into writing and (probably corporate) communications eventually. But whether to do that now -- and then have to move again in 18 months -- or wait until post-grad school? If I stay with the ol' banking job, I get a bonus which helps with loan payoffs, and there's at least a decent chance of a transfer out to NC. So I definitely don't want to throw these possibilities out the window for a dead-end position. If this job isn't ideal, I definitely want it to be versatile and useful enough to be respected in a different city or in a different industry.

No comments: