So I just realized that I've eclipsed the Century Mark in blog posts, which upgrades me to Silver Level Nerd status. But it's been a while since I've posted anything, so I'll throw in a quick update.
First of all, I had a phone interview last Wednesday, which I think went very well. The next step is hopefully a phone call this week to schedule an on-campus interview. If all goes well, then I'll probably be moving mid - late August. If not, then it's back to the drawing board. There's been some more visitors on the house this week too, which is good considering we've dropped the price two times already. But, like The Philosophress says, we apparently haven't the intersection between the supply and demand curves. That's ok so far, as I still need a place to sleep while I'm out here. But hopefully a job will come calling, and the realtor can button up the last bits of selling the house (this is, after all, what we're paying him to do).
The Philosophress has been at the new place for about two weeks, and it has been pretty tremendous so far. Of course, things aren't perfect (and we're not expecting them to be), but it's become fairly apparent just how many stressors exist in SoCal. This last week has made me realize how far I've strayed from being a productive, engaging, and (mostly) optimistic human being. It's getting much easier to establish better habits now that there's a finish line somewhat in sight (sometime over the next few months), but we were just totally unprepared and unable to stand against the tide of pressures out here for an indefinite amount of time.
Here's hoping for some (good) news soon.
7/23/07
Post# 101
Musings from
Irish Elvis
Topics:
Employment,
Grad School,
The Philosophress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds great!! I'll be praying for you both!
:)
Post a Comment