This gets filed in the "Note to Self" category. All this craziness that has gone on in life means that I need to adjust my definition of success and progress. Too many times I find myself trying to be a superstar and outshine and outperform everyone else, and I end up getting burned out.
Other people might be able to do normal stuff on a regular basis, but I'm not at that place right now (used to be, and hopefully will be again someday). So I just have to keep reminding myself that my best won't seem like much these days, but doing my best while not burning out will leave me feeling good for the next day and the next hurdle. Goodness knows there are some exciting (and significant) hurdles on the horizon, and it'll be more enjoyable if I'm alive/awake for them when they get closer.
3/11/07
New Math: Best ≠ Most
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment